High Performance and Top Achieving athletes use CBD for many reasons
CBD or Cannabidiol has recently exploded in the health and wellness industry. In the last few years more scientific research is proving CBD has huge health benefits for people of all ages and lifestyles.
CBD is not only an aid for recovery and relief but a life-changing alternative to addictive and unhealthy forms of pain medication available on the market. Around the world, many athletes and professional sportsmen and sportswomen such as Terrell Davies, David Ahrens and Rob Gronkowski, advocate the use of CBD.
Athletes looking to gain muscle mass as well as improve their performance and recovery will benefit hugely from CBD products and what they have to offer. CBD helps relieve pain and reduce inflammation and has the ability to lower cortisol levels, slowing down your muscle growth. This makes CBD a perfect addition to an athletic lifestyle.
8 BENEFITS OF CBD FOR ATHLETES
1. INCREASES RECOVERY TIME – CBD influences suppressing chemicals like cytokine, chemokine, and T-regulatory cell production, which accelerates the recovery process. Inflammatory response causes collateral damage to muscles and joints, leads to a slow recovery process. CBD’s role in muscle recovery, reduces the inflammatory response and slows down the recovery of post-workout muscle damage (read more here).
2. DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND PAIN – CBD assists with pain relief from inflammation and pain caused by intense training regimes. Recently the potential of cannabinoid pharmacotherapy in clinical pain conditions has been receiving a lot more attention and is becoming a go to natural alternative for many professionals.
3. NATURAL AND HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE – CBD oil has been studied for its potential role in easing symptoms of many common health issues like anxiety, depression, acne and heart disease. For those with cancer, it may even provide a natural alternative for pain and symptom relief.
4. IMPROVES BONE MASS RECOVERY – CBD increases fracture recovery time as well as improving bone strength and decreasing bone mass loss.
5. INCREASED RECOVERY TIMES – The most important role of CBD in muscle recovery is to reduce inflammation. Inflammation slows down the recovery of post-workout muscle damage. The inflammatory response causes collateral damage to the regions of muscles and joints that causes a slow recovery process.(read more here)
6. IMPROVES CARDIOVASCULAR STRENGTH – CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties may be able to reduce risk factors that can lead to heart disease.
7. RELIEVES SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY DISORDERS AND MORE – CBD products have been shown to work effectively as part of holistic treatment plans as it helps with treating illnesses such as depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. By providing stress relief and feelings of calmness, it is a great natural alternative for athletes.
8. EXCELLERATES MUSCLE GROWTH – CBD creates a strong anti-catabolic response by intensifying the endocannabinoid receptors. This prevents loss of muscle mass and promotes muscle growth. While the endocannabinoid system is activated, it prevents the body from losing muscle mass. This then helps muscles recover and grow much faster
Is it Safe for Athletes?
CBD regulates the sensation of pain and inflammation, helping athletes ease aches, pain and swelling from injuries. CBD products can be very useful for high-performance athletes participating in intense exercise and training. While THC, like CBD, can be used to treat pain, it can cause unwanted side effects and can negatively impact performance. So when it comes to taking CBD as a professional athlete you need to ensure your supply of products does not contain any THC. Most top achieving athletes shy away from THC based and other full-spectrum cannabis-based products. For this and many reasons, it is important to ensure your CBD product comes from a trusted and reputable source.
Despite the World Anti-Doping Agency removing CBD from its list of prohibited products substance list in 2018, most athletic organizations still prohibit the use of THC. Studies have shown that CBD can be used to treat symptoms associated with asthma and to be a very potent bronchodilator. Taking CBD using recommended methods results in decreased airway resistance and reduces inflammation in the lungs. Athletes often suffer with things like Anxiety, Asthma and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy as well as other diseases and ailments. CBD has been shown to aid in relieving these symptoms and much more. (read more about CBD here)
How Much CBD Is Safe to Take?
Is CBD safe? Yes, CBD has been found to be very safe to use. Tests show that even extremely high doses of up to 1.500 mg per day taking consumption methods into consideration, is not harmful to people’s health. in majority of cases you will not need to consume anywhere near that amount to get the relief you are looking for. Studies have shown that it is safe to take 1–6 milligrams of CBD for every 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) of body weight. But figuring out the perfect dose for you can be difficult as some forms of CBD are hard to administer accurately.
To reap all the benefits that CBD brings, we highly recommend the following:
- Start slowly! Take lower doses and gradually work your way up. Around 5–10 mg per day is generally a good starting point. You can increase this amount by 5 to 10 mg a day until you reach your ideal level of comfort and relief.
- Pay attention! Note any changes in your condition while taking these products and always discuss the decision to take CBD with a medical professional first
- Choose CBD Isolate! Professional Athletes taking CBD benefit more from taking CBD Isolate than full-spectrum products and oils, as they could be mislabeled, untested, and maybe even contaminated.
- Use Reliable Sources! Always purchase your CBD from a supplier you trust – do your research, read the product labels, and ensure you know exactly what is in the CBD products you are using.
CBD products are the game changer revolutionalising the health and fitness industry. Contact us for more information on how CBD can change your athletic career.
This short educational video provides a concise overview of the endocannabinoid system, along with important facts on the mechanisms of action of hemp oil constituents. – Douglas Lab video credits https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtdmtcP4bkm0aibakL4fPnQ